Getting Started with Blackboard
BBI use the Learning Management System - Blackboard - to bring you online learning, wherever you may be located.
BBI welcomes you to our online learning system, and will provide the support you need as you embark on your learning experience with us. Our friendly Student Services and ICLT Support teams are ready to assist with any problems you may encounter.
If this is the first time you have studied online, you may like to read some Tips for Online Study to help get you started.
What is Blackboard?
Blackboard allows you to
- view and download unit content
- interact with lecturers and fellow students using tools such as discussion boards
- take quizzes, submit assignments, watch lectures
- keep track of your grades
Within BBI's Learning Management System, you will have access to the units in which you are enrolled. To access these units, you will need to login to BBI's Blackboard system - Know-TAITE.
You login to BBI's Blackboard at bbi.blackboard.com using your student ID (username) and password.
Once you have logged on the units that you have enrolled in will be displayed.
Any notifications or announcements concerning your course will be displayed on your home screen.
- Do not save your password on a shared computer or in your browser.
- Save the URL in your browser's bookmarks so it is easy to access.
- Remember to log out and close your browser window when you have finished your session.