Book Donation Policy
The Library welcomes acceptable donations. Among the criteria used to determine acceptability
are the following:
- that the prospective donations fall within the scope of the Library’s collection policy
- that the donated items do not unnecessarily duplicate materials already held
- that the physical condition of the materials is acceptable. The Library will normally only accept undamaged materials, materials free of pests and materials which have not been significantly defaced
- that the library is in a position to process and maintain the material
- The librarian reserves the right to add donated items to the collection, offer them to other libraries (either overseas or local), place the items up for sale, or discard them.
- Proceeds of book sales are directed back to the general Library fund.
- Donations are not normally accepted if there are restrictions placed on the items use or location.