THEO800Foundations for Theological Studies
Unit overview and content
This unit provides students with the foundational skills and knowledge necessary for graduate study in Theology. It introduces the student to the disciplines of Biblical Studies and Theology. Students will gain a firm foundation of specialised knowledge in these areas and will be ready for further study in Biblical Studies, Theology, Leadership, or Religious Education.
10 hours per week for 12 week semester, comprised of:
- At least one hour per week for online lectures.
- At least three hours per week of reading.
- At least six hours per week of directed study, including optional and assessable online activities.
Online lectures; online activities; guided reading; scaffolded assessments; feedback on assessments.
Type of Assessment and Weight
- Quiz on Biblical Studies 20%
- Short answer task on Biblical Studies 30%
- Quiz on Theological Studies 20%
- Short answer task on Theological Studies 30%