GOVC800Introduction to Governance for Mission, Ministry and Work in the Church
Unit overview and content
This unit provides opportunities for students to develop a foundational knowledge and understanding of governance in Catholic Church organisations. Theoretical insights from selected organisational research will be explored for their relevance to the variety of ways in which governance is exercised in the Church’s different contexts and organisational arrangements. In particular it will focus on the relationship between governance, mission, ministry and work.
10 hours per week for 12 week semester, comprised of
- At least one hour per week for online lectures
- At least three hours per week of reading.
- At least six hours per week of directed study, including optional and assessable online activities.
Online lectures; online activities; guided reading; scaffolded assessments; feedback on assessments.
Type of Assessment and Weight
- Governance Discussion Forum (30%)
- Organisational Structure Essay (30%)
- Major Church Governance Essay (40%)