THEO801Biblical Studies: Themes and Interpretation of the Bible
Unit overview and content
This unit builds on the skills and knowledge developed in Biblical Studies in THEO800 and deepens knowledge in this specialised field. Students will learn to critically examine and interpret biblical texts. The unit utilises the tools of contemporary Biblical Studies to examine major themes and texts found in both the Old and New Testaments (the Hebrew and Christian Scriptures).
10 hours per week for 12 week semester, comprised of
- At least one hour per week for online lectures
- At least three hours per week of reading.
- At least six hours per week of directed study, including optional and assessable online activities.
Online lectures; online activities; guided reading; scaffolded assessments; feedback on assessments.
Type of Assessment and Weight
- Tutorial Discussion Board (20%)
- Theological Exegesis (Old Testament) (40%)
- Theological Exegesis (New Testament) (40%)