THEO911Story and Theology in the Gospels
Unit overview and content
This unit provides the opportunity for students to study the background and literature of the New Testament, also known as the Christian Scriptures, at an advanced level. The unit utilises the tools of Biblical scholarship to study in detail the distinctive characteristics of the four Gospels, with particular attention to the use of story to convey theological meaning.
10 hours per week for 12 week semester, comprised of:
- At least one hour per week for online lectures.
- At least three hours per week of reading.
- At least six hours per week of directed study, including optional and assessable online activities.
Online lectures; online activities; guided reading; scaffolded assessments; feedback on assessments.
Type of Assessment and Weight
- Biblical Studies Discussion Forum (30%)
- Biblical Exegesis Essay (30%)
- Major Essay (40%)